Our VPixx Linux Machine Service offers an out-of-the box solution for researchers looking to add a new PC to their test bench. Whether you are setting up a new research space, or upgrading from an older PC, this service offers a complete solution for driving our data acquisition tools and displays.
The machine has a dual boot system with a partition for both Windows and Linux (Ubuntu), and is equipped with a graphics card specifically tested and verified to work with our displays with minimal latency.
This particular system configuration was developed in close consultation with the makers of Psychtoolbox to ensure compatibility with open-source research tools. The machine comes with a pre-installed and tested copy of Octave/Psychtoolbox on the Linux partition.
Researchers may optionally add a standard 120 Hz monitor to their order for a standalone research PC.
Each purchase of a Linux Machine service includes a donation to the open-source software community.
– 16 GB of RAM
– 512 GB Windows NVMe SSD
– 512 GB Linux/Application SSD
– AMD RX580 8GB (2 DP 1.4, 2 HDMI 2.0, 1 dual-link DVI)
– Mouse and Keyboard included (English)
– 3 year on-site warranty, provided by computer manufacturer
Option to add a standard 120 Hz LCD monitor
– Ubuntu 18.04
– Octave and PsychToolbox, installed and tested on Linux
– Everything guaranteed to work perfectly with VPixx Technologies devices
Every purchase of the VPixx Linux Machine Service includes a donation to the open source software community.
A great way to support the free software we use every day!